Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Vapor-like

Went to a vacation house in the mountains with friends
Had plane tickets to go some where from there
As I was getting comfortable on the couch
I noticed a floating island outside
The island was made of plastic floaters with colors only toddlers can love
I wonder whether it was this floating island
that I was supposed to fly to

Suddenly a tsunami
Water outside was seeping in the house
It could possibly sink us
The island of plastic was floating toward us
I opened the door and desperately pushed those floaters away
Thank God it sailed out

Then I called the airline to tell them that I couldn't leave the house
I was concerned that I would miss my flight
I ask those around me if they knew of other ways for me to get out

We realized that nobody was going anywhere
There was an aroma of an impending doom
As men in military camouflage circled in
They raised their artillery and fired in unison

All fell dead
I was a quarter alive
It was important to hang on
But I needed to act dead

I had to try to live while looking dead

But I failed
Some woman noticed the life in me
She wasn't happy with it
She dragged my body across the room
As I felt the weight of my body scratching the floor
I fainted

ix-03-08

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home