Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The two years that were...

I am painfully and vaguely remembering what happened to me in the past two years...2006 marks my student ID number 2006-78173. By June I began immersing my senses to the very delectable books I was only then introduced to. Thank God for that year! No wonder I have very few pictures in my multiply site. Since then, I've realized how little I know and how much I've been left behind...especially after watching Proof thanks to Tricia's thumbs up recommendation. At this moment I feel like life has just passed me by and I'm only starting to live it now! Pathetic for a 26 turning 27 year old...if only the younger ones know how much they're missing...Before going to school, I learned to paint in May. Have been in a depressing hiatus in that aspect but I hope that gets awakened pretty soon.

During the semestral break, was blessed to travel to Siem Reap and Ho Chi Minh with friends...

Then November 4...V for Vendetta...V for Vieux Chalet...my life will be set for another chapter in 2009!

At the end of the year, went with family and friends to Sagada...

This school year was very challenging, mentally and emotionally. I guess if they say "6" is the number of the devil, I faced my demons this year...still keeps haunting me and I just pray that it leaves me in peace someday...

2007

Early this year, Tito Jun passed away...tragic day for the family but only in the most testing times can real bonds be cohesively fortified. If we didn't have each other, we wouldn't have been able to realize the thin thread that grips on life and the love that steadily gives it hope.

Over the summer, I visited Kibungan, did preliminary research and whetted my appetite to further progress and enliven Philippine Studies! Unfortunately, I think I'm not doing enough given the tons of backlog still awaiting submission...

Late November was another bonus, packaged in adventures to the land of Phil the Phoenix, meeting people from different backgrounds who make humanistic pursuits more inspiring and another week-long love affair in Sydney, the most beautiful city in the world for me!

The goal for 2008 is to to settle some things and industriously continue other obligations like I've never before done in my life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home