Wednesday, January 12, 2005

teaching is such a thank-less job!

Should the events be as detailed as possible? Should they really-really know all the names and the dates and the occurences? How do I extract the essentials without oversimplifiying things and allow them to assimilate, appreciate and remember what is important?

When I was a student, I listened, I took notes, I read a little for class but when I got out of the room, I forgot about everything I was told, everything I wrote, except those which really struck me.

How do I strike them the way I was struck? The things that I hate about teaching are:

1) You have to be a walking encyclopedia primarily and juggle your act with entertainment, participation, satisfaction and relevance.
2) You must not be oversimplifying because you will not be taken seriously!
3) You'll never know when they're taking you seriously.
4) When you're too kind, they abuse you and think that they never need to mind you.
5) When you're too strict, they curse and back-stab you, complain about you then you become an urban legend. Either they mock your entire being or act as if you're invisible.
6)There are just two things you feel right after class...(1) tired but happy; (2) relieved but happy that it's over because you know its another day the kids just passed by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home